Wisconsin Heroes Award The Wisconsin Heroes Award was created in 2012 by Wisconsin’s First Lady, Tonette Walker, to recognize Wisconsin residents who voluntarily work to make Wisconsin an exceptional place.
Statewide Service Award-Wisconsin
Each month, one Wisconsin resident will be awarded the Wisconsin Heroes Award for their dedication and willingness to go the extra mile for a cause they believe in. Mrs. Walker will personally present the winner with the award in order to show her appreciation to those individuals.
Serve Wisconsin and the CNCS State Office host an annual Governor’s Service Recognition Event that honors outstanding national service participants, programs, and volunteers that have helped address serious social problems to meet their community’s needs. Nominations are accepted throughout February – April of each year with the recognition event taking place in June. Criteria for nominations and forms can be found on Serve Wisconsin website starting in February. The recognition categories include:Governor’s AmeriCorps Member of the Year Honoree
- Governor’s AmeriCorps Program of the Year Honoree
- Governor’s AmeriCorps* VISTA Participant or Program of the Year Honoree
- Governor’s Senior Corps Participant of the Year Honoree
- Governor’s Senior Corps Program of the Year Honoree
- Volunteer Engagement Honoree
- Marty Stein Friend of National Service Exemplary Supporter
- Veteran Volunteer of the Year Service Honoree
Volunteer Rock Star Award Volunteer Rock Star was created by Volunteer Wisconsin to recognize volunteers for their dedication to an organization and/or cause. Every two weeks, a Volunteer Rock Star will be chosen. Their profile (information provided on the nomination form) and picture will be displayed on both the Volunteer Wisconsin website and the Volunteer Wisconsin Facebook page. In order to be eligible to receive a Volunteer Rock Star you must fit these criteria:
- Nominee must be volunteering in Wisconsin
- Must be nominated by someone who has direct contact with the volunteer
- A volunteer can be nominated multiple times, but only can be nominated by the same organization once a year
- Nominating organization must be a nonprofit organization