Volunteering is not a “one size fits all” deal and neither is volunteer management. These upcoming national and state conferences and events will help you gain advice, learn new strategies, get up to date with the world of volunteer management, and lead to valuable networking opportunities. Attending conferences can lead to valuable networking opportunities for you and the organization you represent. This list will continue to be updated as we become aware of upcoming conferences and training events.
Volunteer Management Training Series*
April 12 and 26 in Madison
Session 5 – Evaluation: Improving Results Using Data and Feedback presented by Gray Williams
Thursday, April 12, 2018, 8:30am-12:00pm
- List the basic steps to conduct an evaluation
- Describe the three levels of evaluation
- Identify different evaluation methods
- Describe important factors to consider when reporting evaluation results
Session 6 – Sharing Your Volunteer Engagement Improvement Plans facilitated by Kathy Martinson
Thursday, April 26, 2018, 8:30am-12:00pm
- Share your action plans to implement from the series
- Learn about each others’ best practices
*This conference is currently full, however you may register to be placed on the waiting list here.
Wisconsin Volunteer Coordinators Association Conference 2018
May 3-4, 2018 in Stevens Point
Wisconsin Volunteer Coordinators Association Annual Conference is open to members and non-members. Join us for two days of exciting workshops and presenters! Registration opens mid-February.
2018 Fundraising and Development Conference for Nonprofits
May 30-June 1, 2018 in Madison
- One-to-one consultations with skilled, nonprofit professionals
- Open discussions that focus on your immediate issues
- Fresh ideas and innovative approaches to fundraising
- Learn the realities of attracting corporate and foundation support
- Social media strategies to expand your reach
- How to develop joyful givers
- Get your board of advisors involved in fundraising – NOW!
- Effective planned giving ideas
- How to make the most of your nonprofit career path
Who Should Attend:
Whether your role is to increase gifts, or find elusive major gift donors, you will walk away from this conference with usable techniques that will return your investment in the program many times over. Each year, seasoned professionals and nonprofit newcomers who want to polish skills, acquire new ones, and network with other influential nonprofit professionals register for this “must attend” conference.
For more information and to register, click here.
MAVA Conference 2018
Volunteer Engagement Leadership: Next Steps and Beyond
June 6-8, 2018 in St Paul, MN
Organizational Sponsor: Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration
Come and explore what the future holds at the 2018 Conference: Volunteer Engagement: Next Steps and Beyond
MAVA Conference 2018 Workshop Schedule is available for you to download and Early Bird Registration is LIVE.
With 50 workshops to choose from, you’re guaranteed to learn a lot!
Click here to view more information and register.
Service Unites 2018-Powered by Points of Light
June 18-20 in Atlanta, GA
Service Unites 2018 will challenge attendees to be a spark that ignites a civic culture – a culture in which living a civic life is the norm, not the exception; a culture in which every person is inspired, equipped and mobilized to be a citizen in the fullest sense, to take action that changes the world.
Service Unites 2018 is your opportunity to:
- Learn: Explore 12 diverse learning paths with more than 100 workshops that dive deep into key issues facing the volunteer sector as we grow and innovate in this rapidly changing world.
- Connect: Take advantage of formal and informal networking opportunities with more than 2,500 attendees – nonprofit, government, business and civic leaders all focused on putting people at the center of change.
- Be Inspired: Hear from leaders across the evolving field of social change, including activists, entertainers, civil rights leaders, academics, entrepreneurs, athletes, elected officials and CEOs from nonprofits and Fortune 500 companies.
- Serve: Take part in innovative service projects that invite attendees to give back to our host city of Atlanta in meaningful ways.
Early-Bird Registration is available here through April 13